Michael A. Mullavey is a litigation partner at McArdle Franco PLLC handling complex litigation matters involving business disputes, commercial litigation, real estate, and construction litigation. He counsels local and regional companies, joint ventures, closely held corporations, sole proprietorships, and private individuals. He represents clients in state and federal court, appellate court, administrative hearings, alternative dispute resolution proceedings, and arbitration panels.
Michael advises clients on disputes involving:
- Breach of Contract, such as violations of agreements on commercial real estate, construction, distribution of goods, franchises, product services, promissory notes, and purchases and sales
- Business reputation, including compensation for damages
- Corporate misconduct and derivative actions
- Director and officer liability
- Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (FDUTPA)
- Errors and omissions
- Fraud and misrepresentation
- Intentional tort claims
- Online defamation, including removing online content
- Professional negligence, including breach of fiduciary duty
- Shareholder disputes involving officers and individuals
- Tortious interference with contracts
Michael joined McArdle Franco in 2017 after practicing as an associate with a notable Jacksonville law firm. Now as partner, he manages litigation matters for clients operating in:
- General Contracting
- Design services
- Professional services
- Real estate
Michael earned his law degree and his master’s degree in business administration from the University of Florida. There, he served as Vice President of the Business Law Moot Court and General Editor of the Florida Journal of International Law.
While attending law school, Michael worked for the office of the general counsel for UF Health and the Shands Hospital network, where he assisted in the formation of and strategic planning for healthcare entities. Michael also worked in the Office of the Vice President and General Counsel for the University of Florida, gaining experience in the areas of labor and employment, civil rights, and public agency law.
Prior to law school, Michael graduated with bachelor’s degrees in English and Spanish from Emory University, where he was captain of the varsity golf team.
Michael was born in Dunstable, Massachusetts. In his free time, he enjoys golfing, weightlifting and reading.